If you engage us to provide services to you, our terms of business provided to you will also apply.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The Site is operated by Cooper Parry Group Limited (registered company no. 07795137 and VAT number 115148343) and Cooper Parry Advisory Limited (registered company no. 14012064 and VAT number 115148343) (we’ll refer to ourselves as “we”, “us”, “our”, “Cooper Parry”). Our registered offices are at Sky View, Argosy Road, East Midlands Airport, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2SA.
Cooper Parry Group Limited is registered to carry on audit work in the United Kingdom by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and both Cooper Parry Group Limited and Cooper Parry Advisory Limited are regulated for a range of investment business activities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Details about the audit registration of Cooper Parry Group Limited can be viewed at www.auditregister.org.uk under reference number C003164755.
The Audit Regulations and Guidance and International Standards on Auditing (UK) which we are required to adhere to can be found at https://www.icaew.com/technical/audit-and-assurance/regulation-and-working-in-audit/working-in-the-regulated-area-of-audit/audit-regulations-and-guidance and www.frc.org.uk respectively. The arrangements under which we are regulated for investment business activities can be found at www.icaew.com/dpb.
In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the Provision of Services Regulations 2009, our lead professional indemnity insurer is Allianz Global & Corporate Specialty SE of 60 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0HR. The territorial coverage is worldwide.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE
Our site is made available free of charge.
Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we do not guarantee that the Site, or any of its content, will be available or uninterrupted at all times and we shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We cannot guarantee that the Site will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Site, you should report it to us, and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
Access to all or any part of the Site may be occasionally suspended, withdrawn or restricted for business or operational reasons including to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
INFORMATION ON OUR SITE
We may update and change the Site from time to time.
The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE
You may not use the Site for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
- conducting, facilitating, authorising or permitting any text or data mining or web scraping;
- interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Site; or
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your use of the Site for any purposes in breach of this section.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. The content of the Site is protected by copyright, trade marks, database rights and other rights under the laws of England and Wales and/or other jurisdictions around the world.
You may retrieve and display the content of the Site on a computer screen or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Site without written permission from us.
You must not modify any documents, graphics, images or use any corresponding text away from such graphics and images. Our logo, copyright and trademarks must appear in all copies made by you such that our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on the Site must always be acknowledged.
All information provided in this website has been prepared for general information and illustration purposes and does not establish, in any form, a business or professional services relationship with us or any of our group companies. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the material on the Site.
The Site and any content on the Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
If you are business user, to the maximum extent permitted by law we hereby expressly exclude:
- all implied conditions, warranties, representations and/or other terms which might otherwise apply to the Site or any material on it;
- any liability for any loss or damage (whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) incurred by you in connection with your use or inability to use the Site, your reliance on the results of your use of the Site or any websites linked to the Site and any materials posted on it;
- In particular (but without limitation), we will not be liable for any:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill and/or reputation;
- wasted time and/or business interruption; and
- any other indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
If you are a consumer user:
- please note that we only provide the Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity;
- if defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us; and
- we are not responsible for any loss or liability suffered by you where that loss was unforeseeable.
If you are a consumer or a business user, we do not limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site.
If you take advantage of any discounts, offers, promotions, or are involved in transactions with any third party we shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings, or as the result of the presence of such offers, discounts, promotions etc. on the Site.
INFORMATION AND PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses, and we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
The Site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that materials available on or through the Site are appropriate for use or available in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently.
Last update: 30 November 2022