WHAT IS ACCOUNTING ADVISORY?
Whilst we do audits for large businesses, accounting advisory is where we help large businesses on other day to day issues. We’ll help you troubleshoot problems, get up to speed with the latest accounting standards, prep your accounts for an audit and lots more.
Sometimes you might have financial issues that exist outside the day to day. New accounting standards are always changing. You might have other subsidiaries and their audits or accounts to think about and prepare for. And then you probably have other problems front of mind – a backlog on key reconciliations, perhaps? Can we help with any of this?
HOW WE ADVISE LARGE BUSINESSES
Whilst we also do audits and assurance for large businesses, if we’re not your auditor, we’re also nimble enough to advise on your other issues throughout the year. We’ll help you get up to speed on IFRS 16, become part of your finance team and even streamline complex processes to make your business more efficient. You’ll see that we move fast and have the depth to create a team around your challenges.
SO, HOW CAN WE HELP?
• Advice on IFRS 16 and other new reporting standards – how to switch, what you need to know
• Accounts and consolidation preparation – and helping you with getting ready for your end of year audit
• Readiness for audit
• Process mapping – making systems and processes more efficient
• Troubleshooting – investigating possible anomalies, clearing backlogs and other ad hoc issues
• Emergency accounting services – bridging a gap if you need help or interim finance support, either to second resource or providing assistance to clear backlogs in shared service areas such as AP, bankings and credit control
• Internal audit
• Systems and controls assurance projects – including UK SOX compliance
• Purchase price allocation (PPA) – accounting for the company you’ve just acquired
• Rebate and grant audits
• Hot topics – such as compliance with gender pay gap, supplier payment practices reporting and corporate criminal offences compliance
• Statutory accounts preparation
• Turnover certificates
• Data analytics – we’ll use a visual analytics engine to mine data and convert it into understandable, interactive graphics
• Sustainability reporting and assurance
Clients tell us they like working with us. You’ll meet accountants with personality. And unlike other firms, boxed in by their national policies and prescriptive approaches, we aren’t afraid to challenge the way you do things to achieve success. We sit with Finance Directors to help them interpret information and what it means to them. We’re friendly but with an edge.
If you fancy popping in to see us, then let us know. We host regular events on Retail called Retail Rocks (with guitars, drums and all) and we’re always connecting businesses together at our FD Seminars and Retail forums.