WHAT IS INDIRECT TAX?
Indirect Tax, which primarily includes VAT, Stamp Duties and Customs Duty, has become a focal point for many countries.
Like a bad smell, this unique and quirky tax crops up everywhere in your internal and external supply chain. On top of that, it can be fiendishly complicated and making sense of it requires a healthy dose of expertise.
As a leading Lord Justice once summed up: “Beyond the everyday world… lies the world of VAT, a kind of fiscal theme park in which factual and legal realities are suspended or inverted.”
We love the above statement. That’s because it not only sums up the problems your business may face, but it also sums up the world of complex tax challenges we relish getting stuck into.
ENJOY THE RIDE
Our specialist tax team are well versed in understanding and navigating this fiscal wonderland with clients of all sizes. We’ll help you cut through any complexity and reduce, or even eliminate, the Indirect Tax financial and administrative burden.
Then, you can focus on your business journey, spending more time growing, succeeding and enjoying the ride.
SO, HOW CAN WE HELP?
Specialist Compliance and Consultancy
Our core business focuses on specialist VAT compliance and tax consultancy. We’ll work with you closely to form a real understanding of your business, looking into the detail behind any transaction and adding significant value throughout the various phases of a project.
• Making Tax Digital: Lately, our specialist team has been supporting clients in reviewing their finance functions for the Making Tax Digital (MTD) regime.
• Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) regime: We’ll help you with an end-to-end independent review of your internal processes for Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) compliance purposes. We’ll talk you through any risks, and together we’ll overcome the unique challenges this regime can present.
• Brexit and International Supply Chain: Do you know about the Indirect Tax impact Brexit will have on your trading patterns? We’ll make sure you fully understand the changes and the complexity of trading overseas through a supply chain review.
• VAT Advisory: We’ll work with you to mitigate the VAT cost and administrative burden associated with material capital transactions. This includes your estate strategy, your Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) activity, property transactions and your outsourcing plans.
• VAT Compliance Services: From basic support and checking of pre-prepared returns, right through to the full outsourcing of your VAT compliance function – working with our team will give you complete peace of mind.
Insights, technology and training
You’ve only got to look at the uncertain face of Brexit, or the recently introduced Making Tax Digital (MTD) regime, to understand the need for businesses to be kept up to speed with relevant, timely, expert insight.
We’ll provide you with consistent advice and updates that are tailored to your business. And we’ll follow up with regular catch up meetings and calls to make sure you’re getting the most out of our relationship.
How about a bespoke training programme so we can knowledge share with your team? Or we could second a specialist VAT advisor if you need any short-term support and on-site guidance? They’re great ways to add value and upskill your team at the same time.
In addition to MTD, our tax and IT geeks have joined forces to offer market leading products and support to future proof your VAT function. Our solutions give you centralised visibility over global indirect tax obligations, trend analysis, error detection, tailored checks and analytics, and end-to-end process simplification.
VAT Litigation and Dispute Resolution
If you’re facing a dispute from HMRC regarding your VAT accounting position, there’s no need to fret.
Our tax geeks have a strong, long-standing relationship with HMRC. And we’ve got a huge amount of experience in resolving Indirect Tax disputes in a collaborative, cost-efficient manner – giving you the peace of mind to stay focused on your business and its growth.
You can find more information on our Tax Settlements & Investigations services here.
FANCY SOME AWARD WINNING ADVICE?
Our Indirect Tax team includes experts that have worked in legal, accounting advisory and industry backgrounds. Over the years we’ve worked alongside a huge number of clients in a variety of complex sectors, and we’re part of a wider team that was voted Tolley’s 2018 Best Tax Practice in the UK.
What drives us? Opportunities to share our knowledge in this complex field, support our clients and watch them flourish. So, if you ever need any advice: we’re only a phone call away. And we’d love to chat.